Location: Fulton County
Department: Economic Development
Contact: Kenneth Dobson
Phone Number: (404) 612-1021
The internship will provide students the opportunity to contribute their talents to three large economic development projects central to Fulton County’s Sustainable Economic Development Initiatives.These three projects target areas of the county in need of development and redevelopment. In addition to extensive research, the expansive nature of these projects will require an economic opportunities analysis, specifically:
- An overview of industry based on national and regional data – growth projections, employment, trends, NAICS codes, etc.;
- An assessment of the zoning and overlays associated with the type of facilities needed for those industries;
- A database of local businesses currently located in the geographic footprint – business description, number of employees, revenue, projections, and relevant information from their annual report or other news;
- An analysis of the types of supply chains or co-locations that can/should be considered; and
- A database of buildings and sites for each industry.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
Be adept in Microsoft Office Suite;
Have strong analytical and verbal skills;
Understand concepts related to economic and community development;
Have strong presentation skills;
Be flexible and adaptable to a dynamic environment;
Ability to work independently and in a team environment; and
Ability to effectively conduct and synthesize research.
Interns will be trained on how to use basic GIS mapping tools and online tools for property research.
Date Posted: 04/03/2018
Deadline to Apply: May 1, 2018
Start Date: Varies. Contact County
Duration: Summer 2018
Hours Per Week: Varies. Contact County