ABOUT THE POSITION
RTI International seeks a candidate for an Energy Poverty PIRE Internship within the Environmental, Engineering and Economics (EEE) Division within Social, Statistical and Environmental Sciences unit. EEE evaluates the environmental and human well-being impacts of real-world energy poverty interventions. We investigate the social, demographic, and spatial dimensions of energy poverty and consider the optimal scale of interventions to maximize environmental benefits and human well-being.
RTI’s Internship Program emphasizes experiential and mentored learning experiences, providing students and recent degree recipients an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge and skills in a meaningful and practical way. We are committed to developing the future workforce by encouraging interns to explore various career paths in a nonprofit research institute setting that values diversity and inclusion. Through this program, interns will become accustomed to RTI’s open and educational culture, support RTI’s mission to improve the human condition, and build upon career goals and grow.
This internship will involve evaluating alternatives for providing electricity to under-served and remote regions in developing countries. Research will involve assessing the appropriateness of traditional grid based service, as well as off grid generation alternatives such as solar, wind or biomass. Analysis may also include developing business models to promote private sector involvement in growing the electricity infrastructure (both grid and off grid).
The intern will be responsible for assisting team with:
- Supporting economic modeling and analysis for energy policies and natural resources management
- Conduct environmental and geospatial data analysis
- Investigating energy systems and energy efficiency
- Contributing to analysis of ecosystem services, sustainability and life cycle assessment
- Must be a rising senior current undergraduate student enrolled
- Pursuing a degree in the fields of Economics, Environment and Ecology, Environmental Sciences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in energy
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.