This year-long internship is aimed at recent graduates, such as young BA/MA students, wishing to acquire professional experience in EU policy making. The intern’s responsibilities will provide direct experience working with European and international stakeholders in the healthcare arena, in particular the medical technology industry, healthcare professionals and patient organizations.
The main responsibility of the intern will be to support the day-to-day activities of the Government Affairs function within the External affairs team of which the trainee will be part of, as well as the development of the intern’s own projects. As a European trade association based in Brussels representing an innovative industry, MedTech Europe offers a dynamic and multicultural working environment with regular contacts and interactions with its members (companies and national associations) and other stakeholders active in the EU healthcare arena.
Day-to-day activities will include:
– Analyzing and monitoring EU policy developments;
– Conducting research and assisting in the development of industry positions and presentations on relevant topics;
– Attending and reporting on meetings and conferences of EU institutions and stakeholders;
– Collaborating in writing articles for MedTech Europe internal and/or external communication channels and other relevant publications;
– Providing overall support of External Affairs Team projects.
The ideal candidate would
– Hold a university degree in European Studies, Political Science or Economics;
– Be fluent in English (verbally and with excellent English writing skills), other EU languages an advantage;
– Be digital savvy and have excellent command of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook;
– Have a strong command of EU policies and the functioning of the EU; some familiarity with health policy would be an asset;
– Be a team player who can work proactively and independently.
Deadline to apply is January 30, 2018.