ABOUT THE POSITION
IPI is currently seeking applicants for an External Relations Intern, for a full-time, three-month paid summer internship (with the possibility of renewal), who will gain knowledge and skills from on-the-job experience, with the External Relations Team providing guidance and feedback to facilitate the learning process.
The ideal start date for this position will be mid-June.
This position is under the overall supervision of the Senior Director of External Relations. The External Relations Intern will work with the Senior Director of External Relations and the Development Officer to ensure optimum coordination between the resource development team and the fundraising activities of the Senior Director with all IPI staff members.
The External Relations Intern will also assist on research and follow-up to support the fundraising activities of the Senior Director of External Relations.
The person in this position will assist the Development Officer with reporting requirements; as well as the Events Manager with outreach for select events.
The External Relations Intern will:
- Organize and maintain the schedule of the Senior Director of External Relations;
- Coordinate the calendar of the Senior Director of External Relations;
- Conduct background research ahead of fundraising meetings;
- Organize and update the outreach schedule for meetings with IPI’s member state donors;
- Assisting with social media outreach for the Senior Director of External Relations;
- Research prospective funding sources; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of External Relations.
The External Relations Intern will work to support the Events Manager with outreach for select, high-level events including:
- The Global Leader Series;
- The Turtle Bay Reception Series; and
- Other partnership-related and External Relations events, as assigned by the Events Manager.
This position requires an energetic multitasker with related experience and excellent judgment, discretion, attention to details, initiative, and the ability to prioritize. It is imperative and essential that the person in this position has good communication skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure, is polite and has a positive disposition when liaising with staff and guests.
- BA or MA with a degree/concentration in international affairs;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and an extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent judgement skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent ability to multitask; and
- Educational knowledge of multilateral institutions/international affairs a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here. Apply by May 3, 2020.