ABOUT THE POSITION
The Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA) seeks a Diversity and Inclusion Fellow for Fall 2019.
Working with APSIA staff, fellows will assist in APSIA’s outreach to communities traditionally underrepresented in the field of international affairs.
- Assist in the execution of APSIA’s outreach to and programming for underrepresented communities, including but not limited to
- Participant recruitment
- Sponsor cultivation and stewardship
- Document preparation
- Event support.
- Research APSIA alumni from communities traditionally underrepresented in international affairs. Create social media, website, and other tools to share their stories.
- Assess the diversity of APSIA’s membership through background research and data analysis.
- Identify opportunities to expand awareness of APSIA and its work within traditionally underrepresented communities, especially in the US context.
- Lay the groundwork for diversity and inclusion initiatives outside of the US in 2019+.
Compensation: $15 / hour for 10 hours per week
- Current master’s level (or higher) student at or recent graduate from an APSIA member school.
- Experience working with multicultural communities in a US context. Understanding of diversity and inclusion in higher education strongly preferred.
- Experience with event planning and office management.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills a plus.
- Experience with MS-Office Suite, Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, social media scheduling tools (ex: Hootsuite), and related tools.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Executive Director Carmen Mezzera at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Diversity Fellowship_FamilyName. Please include your desired beginning and end dates in your cover letter. Apply by August 22, 2019.