Fall 2019 Private Sector Department’s Corporate Research Internship
Background: Oxfam America established the Private Sector Department (PSD) to channel the influence of the private sector to pro-poor ends. As a rare global development organization with private sector capacity, Oxfam is a leader in corporate campaigning, innovative collaborations, and pro-poor private sector development. The department also supports private sector engagement on the following Oxfam campaigns and advocacy priorities: humanitarian crises, inequality and economic justice, agricultural supply chains, gender justice, climate change, access to medicines, and aid effectiveness.
Internship Overview: PSD provides internship opportunities to give students the unique opportunity to gain real world experience by working at our Washington, D.C. or Boston offices. Interns are expected to work full-time.
The Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively in a fast paced, professional environment;
- Contribute to one or more domestic and/or international projects;
- Address economic, social and cultural rights both within the US and internationally;
- Develop skills in research & writing for a range of purposes and different audiences
The Intern will work closely with PSD staff to help meet goals. Intern assignments will vary, but the core duties include work related to corporate research of companies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the team’s Behind the Brands Implementation Initiative, contributing to research, policy analysis, and monitoring, learning, and evaluation (MEL)
- Support the team’s work focused on the policies and practices of global commodity traders
- Provide support to a selection of country colleagues engaging the private sector on issues around human rights, land, gender, and climate
- Conduct research on corporations or corporate sustainability topics as needed for the Private Sector Department
Broader team support
- Support team members on the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of PSD’s work, as directed
- Participate in work-related activities (i.e., meetings, webinars, workshops, conferences, brown-bags), take notes and prepare summaries for staff
Learn more about this opportunity and apply, visit the Oxfam Careers Site.