ABOUT THE POSITION
The Arms Control Association is seeking applicants for its Fall 2020 remote internship program. Interns will work as telework consultants for up to 20 hours per week and be compensated $20 per hour. The internship will begin in mid-September and end in early December.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with various aspects of the Arms Control Association’s work. Expertise in the field of arms control and nonproliferation issues is not necessary, but candidates should demonstrate a commitment to these issues.
Interns will have the opportunity to work with our policy research and communications staff as well as the editors of our national journal, Arms Control Today.
- Research and track policy developments, activities and events;
- Research content, write and copyedit print and electronic materials, including news articles for Arms Control Today, fact sheets, Issue Briefs, blog posts, social media content, and newsletters;
- Assist with the design of flyers, graphics, and other marketing material for events and online content;
- Edit and upload content for the website;
- Research and track data related to Arms Control Today; and
- Other tasks assigned by staff.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., International Affairs, Political Science). Students pursuing advanced degrees are also encouraged to apply;
- An effective communicator, both written and oral;
- Experience writing in multiple styles and voices (e.g., tweets, blog posts, news briefs);
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Familiarity and comfort with various social media platforms and publishing tools; and
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive required. Experience using Photoshop, InDesign, Prezi and/or Adobe Premiere, HTML, Drupal CMS, or other graphic design programs is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send AS A SINGLE PDF your cover letter, resume, 1-2 page writing sample on a public policy topic, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Include “Fall 2020 Internship” in your subject line.
Please note that applications are accepted on a rolling basis and early applications are encouraged. The final deadline for receiving applications is September 4, 2020.