ABOUT THE POSITION
HSEMA’s internship program provides real-world knowledge and experience in emergency management, homeland security efforts, and intelligence analysis. Our internship program seeks qualified graduate and undergraduate students who are majoring in a wide-variety of fields. A highly qualified applicant will possess the following: self-motivation, attention to detail, critical thinking skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The program will begin on September 14, 2020 and run until January 29, 2021. Interns are required to work 20 hours per week. You will find additional details about the six (6) internship opportunities available by clicking on the advertisements below. Please send any questions regarding the internship program to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office of Legal Affairs
- Office of Public Affairs
- Divison of Operations
- Division of Preparedness and Resilience
- National Capital Region Threat Intelligence Consortium
HSEMA is looking for candidates who are:
- Undergraduates (juniors or seniors) or graduate students
- In good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5 at a U.S. college or university
- Enrolled in courses at the time of the internship. Students applying to the summer session must be enrolled in classes for the summer or fall 2020 semesters.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following documents via email to email@example.com and include the division or office you are applying to in the subject line. Applications that do not include each of the following items WILL be automatically rejected.
- Cover letter indicating the division/office you are applying to
- Writing sample (any sample of your choosing, max 5 pages)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from an academic or professional reference
- Copy of most recent transcript
- Proof of enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program – this must be supported by an official transcript or letter from school administration that includes student’s expected graduation date OR a copy of student’s class schedule for summer or fall 2020 semester
For more information, click here. Applications close August 10, 2020.