ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
National Security Action, an advocacy organization dedicated to advancing American global leadership and opposing the reckless policies of the Trump administration, is seeking a Fall Fellow to supplement the organization’s work from its headquarters in Washington, DC. Ideally, the fellow will be expected to be available 12-20 hours per week during the semester.
The fellow will form a key part of a small team in a fast-paced start-up environment.The fellow will be counted on to provide timely and comprehensive research and analysis on an array of foreign policy, national security, and related political issues across a variety of issues and regions. The role will require the successful candidate to respond to taskings from the organization’s leadership but also would benefit from a self-starter able to identify key research questions and needs on his/her own initiative. The ability to write clearly and concisely is also a must for this position.
A stipend will be provided.
- Work with the organization’s leadership to identify and execute against dynamic research needs.
- Undertake research tasks to amplify the work of the organization, key policy messages, opposition purposes, or in response to breaking news.
- Distill research into short memos for leadership and/or messaging vehicles appropriate for public distribution.
- Assist team in a start-up environment, including with media monitoring and administrative tasks.
- Assist the organization’s political, legislative, and communications teams on an as-needed basis.
- We will consider candidates pursuing an undergraduate (rising juniors or above) or a Master’s degree.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Well-honed communication skills.
- Proven analytic skills and capabilities.
- Campaign and/or Hill experience preferred although not required.
- Capacity to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Passionate about foreign policy and national security.
- Dedicated to advocating for a progressive national security agenda.
- Ability and desire to be a team-player within a lean and fast-paced environment.
- The fellow will be expected to be a self-starting team player who helps execute and also has the confidence to bring new ideas to the table.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume, cover letter, and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org