ABOUT THE POSITION
Complement your studies with a genuinely international internship! The European Parliament Liaison Office in Washington DC invites recent graduates with right to work in the United States to apply for a full-time, paid internship. What better place to monitor transnational politics in action, to see global players in international affairs addressing global challenges across a range of policy areas, and to witness the interplay between decision-makers in the US and lawmakers from the European Union?
The internship is held for three months in Washington DC, with the option of a two-month extension in Brussels. The office offers three internship intakes each year:
- spring: January 16th – April 15th, with an option to extend in Brussels April 16th – June 15th
- summer: May 1st – July 31st, with an option to extend in Brussels October 1st – November 30th
- fall: September 16th – December 13th, with an option to extend in Brussels January 16th – March 15th
What do EPLO interns do?
- Work with staffers on specific policy areas or a broader range of transatlantic policy issues;
- Participate in events and meetings with major interlocutors on Capitol Hill, executive agencies, think-tanks and NGOs;
- Analyse legislation and policy discussions relevant to the transatlantic EU-US relationship;
- Prepare working papers, memos and research papers for Members of the European Parliament and staffers at our headquarters;
- Assist the preparation and management of visits to the US by Members of the European Parliament and senior staffers;
- Support our internal and external communications outreach;
- Help maintain and develop our database of contacts.
Please check you meet all the criteria before applying. We welcome applications from:
- US citizens and others with the right to work in the US.
- University graduates. Candidates need to have completed studies at least at undergraduate level, and must be able to provide an undergraduate or postgraduate diploma/official transcript at least one month before the beginning of the internship.
- Candidates available for a full-time internship. We regret it is not possible to accommodate part-time arrangements.
- Candidates who have previously gained two consecutive months or more work experience (including internships) at any European Union institution are not eligible.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.
Fall 2020 applications close June 15.