GDEcD’s International Trade division has 2 internship opportunities for the fall semester. The first is the International Trade internship (unpaid, volunteer position), and the second is a paid position with SUSTA (Southern United States Trade Association) where the student would work specifically with the team’s agriculture trade manager.
To apply for these positions, you must submit your résumé and cover letter via e-mail to Priya Verma, Associate International Trade Manager at GDEcD, at: email@example.com. Include the position title in the subject line of your e-mail.
If you do not have internet access or require accommodation because of a disability, please contact GDEcD Human Resources at 404-962-4000.
All qualified candidates will be considered but may not receive an interview. Applicants who are not selected for interviews will not receive notification.
Please see below for the descriptions of both positions:
As the International Trade intern, you will work with the Department’s Trade Managers and Associate Trade Manager to assist Georgia companies to increase their exports.
- Intern responsibilities include creating and disseminating research showing Georgia’s connections to specific countries, assisting with client requests by conducting market research or identifying key contacts abroad, and compiling and analyzing country-specific, industry-specific, and worldwide trade statistics.
- Along with having a research influenced role, the internship will allow you to work with clients directly and assist Trade Managers with event recruitment.
- An interest in political economy, current affairs, and international trade issues, along with excellent communication skills and attention to detail are strongly preferred.
As the SUSTA intern, you will work with the International Trade division’s agriculture trade managers.
- Responsibilities include performing research on potential international markets for Georgia exporters, market-trends, trade policies, commodity reports, and other research related to the agricultural industry.
- You will also prepare briefing materials for incoming buyers regarding Georgia food and agriculture suppliers and assist with the creation of industry-specific international marketing materials.
- Additional duties include providing support for export seminars and trade promotion events in addition to database entry for results measures.
- Open to Juniors, Seniors & Graduate Students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Analytical research & writing, outstanding customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communications, extremely organized, dependable, self-initiative, and detail-oriented skills preferred.