ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Institute for the Study of War (ISW) is committed to training the next generation of national security leaders through its innovative educational programs. ISW is currently seeking motivated and experienced college students or recent graduates to join our intern team. ISW offers a wide range of internships across diverse research portfolios and departments, including Counterterrorism, Russia, Turkey, Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan.
Interns at ISW have an unparalleled opportunity to analyze conflicts in ways that directly inform policy-makers on some of the most pressing issues facing American national security. Our interns work directly with analysts. They receive classroom education, regular leadership engagement, and a chance to work with cutting-edge technologies employed in business and the intelligence community. Interns have the opportunity to stand at the front lines of military research and policy development, tackling the latest crises in the headlines.
The Institute for the Study of War is seeking Fall Interns in the following positions:
- National Security and Intelligence Analysis
- Government and Media Relations
- Non-Profit Management
- Development and Marketing
- National Security Innovation and Emerging Technologies
- Candidates must be motivated and organized college students or recent graduates with demonstrated expertise in a related field;
- Candidates must possess excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills;
- Candidates should preferably possess strong critical language capabilities in Arabic, Russian, Turkish, Kurdish, Pashto, Dari, or Farsi; or a programming language such as Python;
- Candidates must display the ability to conduct complex tasks in a timely and efficient manner;
- Candidates should be self-motivated, independent, creative, and capable of working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Candidates must show commitment to – and interest in – the core mission and values of ISW;
- Candidates should preferably be available to work full-time (i.e. five days per week)
Qualifications vary by position.
HOW TO APPLY: To learn more about each position and how to apply, click here.