The Fall 2015 D.C. Internship application deadline is quickly approaching! The deadline to apply for the Georgia Tech D.C. Internship’s fall 2015 program is Friday, February 6, 2015, at 12:00 PM.
In the Georgia Tech D.C. Internship program, you will work full time with a member of Congress, a Congressional committee, or an executive branch office in or around Washington, D.C. for approximately 10 weeks during summer, and 16 weeks during spring or fall.
You will secure your own internship based on your academic and personal interests. The Center for Career Discovery and Development, and the Office of Government and Community Relations is available to assist you with this process. Recent positions secured by Tech students include:
- NASA Science Mission Directorate
- White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- White House Office of Communications
- Office of Congressman John Lewis
- USAID Bureau of Legislative and Public Affairs
- Department of Justice – Law and Policy Section
- Department of Health and Human Services – Office of the Chief Medical Officer
The opportunity includes a $5,000 stipend in the summer or a $7,500 stipend in the spring or fall to offset expenses (housing, transportation, and living expenses). This program is open to both undergraduate and graduate students of all majors. International students are eligible to apply for the Georgia Tech D.C. Internship Program; however, some federal offices only accept internship applications from citizens of the United States.
For more information about the program and how to apply, please visit the following website: http://www.gov.gatech.edu/internships/dc