ABOUT THE POSITION
The Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL) is a global alliance that seeks to empower the digital development ecosystem to deliver greater scale, efficiency, and social impact as it creates more inclusive digital economies in emerging markets. Working with partners, DIAL generates evidence of what works through field-based projects, distills insights and tools to promote scaling and replication, and provides mechanisms for co-investment and partnership throughout the digital development ecosystem. DIAL is hosted by the United Nations Foundation (UNF) in Washington, D.C. and is staffed by a U.S. and global team.
DIAL is seeking a Fellow, Evaluation and Insights to begin in Summer 2020. The Fellow will be ready to contribute to its research, monitoring and evaluation, learning, and advocacy work. The Fellow will assist in a range of tasks such as following up on specific project-level M&E needs such as surveys and data analysis, conducting research on specific ICT4D topics across DIAL programs, and drafting communications materials in support of a shared Learning Agenda. To this end, the Fellow will work primarily with the Insights and Impact (I&I) and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) teams, in support of various DIAL programming areas.
- Research topics relevant to digital development and present findings in various formats (reports, social media, etc.).
- Develop content as an input for DIAL research agenda and communications channels (blog posts, social media).
- Stay up to date on development, technology, and data for development news and provide these insights and updates to the relevant DIAL team on a regular basis.
- Lead research projects to answer key learning questions.
- Help monitor secondary data sources for important updates to areas of interest to DIAL (e.g., access rates, gender issues, regulatory changes, etc.).
- Additional support tasks as needed.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program or have graduated within the past year from a graduate degree program.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in ICT and digital services in developing markets is strongly preferred.
- Strong research skills and excellent analytical ability.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and concisely and communicate technically complex materials.
- Be responsible, flexible, hard-working, and committed to the mission of DIAL.
- Be fun, friendly, and collaborative.
- Must be available to work at least 15 hours per week with flexibility up to 29 hours over a 10-week period.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without work sponsorship.
- Must have a personal laptop computer and access to the internet.
- Ability to work remotely and flexibly with an international team.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Fluency in English is mandatory, and additional languages are a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.