We are looking for MSc students who wish to deepen their knowledge of science communication particularly in the area of Food & Health. The candidate should be available to begin as soon as possible and commit to at least 6 months, and preferably longer.
We appreciate and encourage interns to be proactive and as much as possible own their own activities/projects, which can be:
- Active involvement in development, review, and promotion of different types of science-based content – textual and audio-visual – covering a wide range of food & health related topics including, nutrition, lifestyle, food safety, food quality, food risk communication, and sustainability;
- Desk research on scientific topics or events;
- Assisting in organising meetings, conferences, presentations;
- Database management and filing;
- Supporting (senior) managers with EU-funded projects and other activities.
Educational requirements, experience and skills:
- Currently enrolled in an MSc programme towards a scientific degree focused on food safety, food science, nutrition, or a related area, with the option to pursue a placement during their studies;
- Strong and proven English writing skills, other European language is an advantage;
- Available to begin as soon as possible and commit to at least 6 months, but preferable longer (up to 12 months);
- An excellent communicator, with ability to translate scientific information into easy to understand language;
- Interested in, and a passion for food & health communication;
- Can search for information, digest it, and summarise succinctly;
- Proactive and well organised, capable of handling tasks alone;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Experienced with content management systems and web-based applications;
- Working knowledge of standard software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
For more information and to apply, visit https://www.eurobrussels.com/job_display/150852/Food_Health_internship_EUFIC_European_Food_Information_Council_Brussels_Belgium