As the nonprofit sector moves toward increased levels of outsourcing, many nonprofit professionals consider a career in consulting. If you are thinking about consulting part-time, full-time or sometime in the future, join two veterans in this field as they share stories of this dynamic career choice. Susan Schaefer (co-editor of the Nonprofit Consulting Playbook) and Don Tebbe have facilitated workshops nationwide to help budding consultants bypass the pitfalls and get on a fast track to success. With candor and a wide range of experience, they will guide participants through the crucial questions to ask as aspiring or novice consultants.
After this webinar you will:
- Understand and capitalize on your motivations for consulting
- Recognize the most important traits consultants possess
- Identify the four major components of a consultant’s work
- Review the five critical skills for consulting success (you already have two of them!)
- Chart your professional development steps prior to setting up shop
- Senior nonprofit executives
- Novice consultants,
- Aspiring consultants
The webinar will take place on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm ET.