About the Program
GAO seeks student volunteer to encourage interest in public service careers. As a volunteer, a student would gain first-hand experience assessing and enhancing GAO operations. There are some costs associated with bringing student volunteers onboard, such as, setting up workspace, conducting background investigations, and transit benefits. This position does not offer salary, benefits, leave or conversation to permanent employment. GAO does not pay any relocation expenses. Student volunteer are not considered Federal employees for any purpose other than injury compensation and laws related to the Tort Claims Act. Student volunteers do not displace permanent GAO employees.
Applicants must be:
* U.S. Citizen
* At least 16 years old
* High School or Degree seeking student in good academic standing
* Currently enrolled at least half-time in an accredited educational institution.
* Able to pass a valid background check (to be determined by GAO security office)
* Free from conflict of interest
* Available to work at least 20 hours a week for at least a minimum of 6 weeks.
To apply, visit : https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523420300