Horseshoe Farm offers an intensive paid 1 year (13 month) community-based gap year service and leadership development Fellowship. It is geared to top recent college graduates from around the nation interested in community health and education, non-profit and organizational management, social entrepreneurship, and community service leadership.
The competitive Fellowship is a unique opportunity for high levels of responsibility and mentored hands on learning in a rapidly growing community based non-profit organization. Its aim is preparing citizen service leaders needed for tomorrow’s communities.
Fellows receive an educational grant of $600/month, free housing, and valuable experience through:
- Front line service in and leadership of Horseshoe Farm’s innovative community based programs for children and adults.
- Administrative, management, and operations responsibilities in a grassroots non-profit organization.
- Working closely with a team of talented Fellows.
- “Community Engagement” work with other civic, business, non-profit, and governmental organizations throughout our community.
- Weekly readings and discussions designed to promote contextual understanding and reflection on experiences.
Fellows consistently go on to some of the top medical, nursing, public health, health management, and education programs in the nation and several have received the most prestigious scholarships and awards at their respective institutions.
For more information, go here!