Women In International Security (WIIS) gender and global security interns work part-time (20 hours per week) for the Fall of 2018. Strong candidates should have, or are currently completing, an M.A. or B.A. in Women’s/Gender Studies, Conflict and Resolution, Security Studies, International Relations, International Law, Political Science, or a related field.
- Conduct thorough research on topics related to gender and international security;
- Write articles and blogs on topics related to global security;
- Conduct member interviews;
- Coordinate membership services (compile JobsHotline, circulate WIIS Words, initiate networking events);
- Attend and report on key events and discussions relevant to WIIS program objectives;
- Monitor and track programmatic activities and research;
- Organize and help facilitate events and large projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- At least one year of professional experience is strongly preferred;
- Solid organizational abilities and detail-oriented;
- Strong research and computer skills;
- Experience and/or interest in global security and gender issues;
- Current student or recently graduated.
- Experience working at a unique global, leadership organization;
- Collaboration within a positive team environment;
- Increased understanding of and alignment with global security issues;
- Career mentoring and professional development;
- Networking with other professionals working on global security issues.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample (3-5 pages) to email@example.com with “Gender and Global Security Intern” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until August 17th, 2018.
Please note: International applications are welcome but candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Women In International Security does not facilitate visas for internship applicants. This is an unpaid internship. Both men and women are encouraged to apply.