ABOUT THE POSITION
Women In International Security (WIIS) Gender and Global Security Program Assistants work part-time (20 hours per week). Strong candidates should have, or are currently completing, an M.A. or B.A. in Women’s/Gender Studies, Conflict and Resolution, Security Studies, International Relations, International Law, Political Science, or a related field. Fall Internships typically begin in the month of September, and last until mid-December. As the situation COVID-19 develops, we have determined that our office will be functioning remotely for the rest of 2020 and into 2021.
- Conduct research & produce 1-2 blogs on topics related to gender and international security;
- Conduct member interviews & assist with membership issues;
- Participate in mandatory trainings, weekly team meetings & general administrative duties;
- Attend and report on key events and discussions relevant to WIIS program objectives;
- Monitor and track programmatic activities and research;
- Organize and help facilitate events and large projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- At least one year of professional experience is strongly preferred;
- Solid organizational abilities and detail-oriented;
- Strong research and computer skills;
- Experience and/or interest in global security and gender issues;
- Current student or recently graduated.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Gender and Global Security Program Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.