The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) Internship is a valuable learning experience for college and university students pursuing a criminal justice or related degree. The program is administered by the GBI Office of Human Resources (OHR). The length of the internship is one semester as determined by the intern’s college or university, with the concurrence of the GBI OHR.
The program is open to full-time students pursing an undergraduate or graduate degree in criminal justice or related field. The students MUST be classified as a junior, senior or a graduate student at the time of application. Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age.
- In good academic standing
- Must currently be enrolled during their interning semester.
- Recommended by the college/university.
Applicants are available to intern with any of the following:
-15 Investigative Field Offices
– Select Regional Drug Enforcement Offices
– Commercial Gambling Unit
– Child Exploitation and Computer Crimes Unit (CEACC)
– Financial Investigations Unit
– Major Theft Unit
– Division of Forensic Sciences (Headquarters Lab ONLY)
** Applicants will not be allowed to intern at regional crime labs**
– Public Affairs Office
– Human Resources Office
– Finance/Accounting Office
– Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC)
– Medical Examiner’s Office
– Child Fatality Review Unit
– Office of Professional Standards
Learn more and apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/gbi/jobs/2439593/2020-spring-internship.