Application deadline: April 21, 2018 by 11:59 p.m.
The Georgia Tech Pre-Law Advising program in the Center for Career Discovery and Development (C2D2) and Martenson, Hasbrouck & Simon, LLP (MHS) have partnered to create an internship opportunity for undergraduates and graduate students interested in learning more about the practice of law in an engaged, experiential way.
MHS is a law firm that focuses its practice on labor and employment defense and business litigation. The internship provides a qualified candidate the opportunity to assist the attorneys at MHS with the development and implementation of affirmative action programs for their clients. In this role, interns will assist with the preparation of affirmative action plans and ensure the firm’s clients comply with applicable laws and regulations related to Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity.
The primary functions and responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Analyzing trends/patterns in large data sets, drawing conclusions based on data analysis, and following up with the firm’s attorneys and staff as needed
- Processing data in ways that emphasize and preserve the integrity of the data
- Formatting and identifying data consistently across sets to facilitate statistical analysis
- Trouble-shooting potential “coding” issues with spreadsheet data
- Identifying and extracting relevant information and/or data sub-sets
- Editing documents and spreadsheets in support of affirmative action plan development