ABOUT THE POSITION
The Global FOI Team focuses on Professional Foundations, Bi-Lateral, and Multi-Lateral institutions – all recognized as institutional partners with significant assets of $100 million+. These institutional partners have high quality designated staff and strategic program priorities with strict guidelines and restrictions on proposal development and grant execution.
As a Global FOI Research Intern you will work with the newly established Global FOI team, whose goal is to raise funds (awards) for housing and development programs from institutions and governments globally (e.g. USAID, DFID, World Bank etc). The Global FOI team members are located in the US, Costa Rica, UK, Asia Pacific and Slovakia. The role of the team is to scan global funding environment, conduct research on donors, develop relationships with donor institutions, submit applications for grants and report on grant implementation.
- Working with the team to research funding information for development projects, (mostly in the housing sector) from institutions like the European Commission, British and US government, the World Bank, regional Development Banks (AfDB/ADB) and others (85% of your time)
- Support development of Institutional Partners Strategies (10%)
- Administrative tasks (5% of your time)
- Current undergraduate or graduate student who has taken relevant courses in International Relations, International Business, Global Studies, International Development, Public Relations, Political Science, or Government etc.
- A strong interest in conducting research focused on grant pre-positioning and proposal development
- Interest in topics of international development and housing, bi-lateral and multi-lateral institutions, grants and funding
- Openness to learn and ability to process large and complex data and develop research templates to share findings in user-friendly formats
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Proficient to advance in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and strong analysis skills
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.