ABOUT THE POSITION
Abt Associates seeks bright, talented, and intellectually curious students to add to our talent pipeline. As a paid intern in the Office of the Chief Growth Officer (Centers and Knowledge unit) you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while being exposed to challenging projects and learning from some of the top experts in the field. Interns will be exposed to a depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge through events and programs throughout the summer. Our summer internship program consists of a robust and structured curriculum that encompasses professional development opportunities, networking events, and a mentorship program. This position is located in Rockville, MD or Cambridge, MA.
The Summer Internship Program at Abt Associates is 10 weeks, beginning June 4 through August 10, 2020. Interns must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program. Abt Associates does not provide housing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Research and summarize various Abt proposal documents, project reports, and company related materials in order to support the annual Abt Impact report
- Meet with Project Directors company-wide to train them on the Abt internal knowledge repository and also collect key proposal and project documents related to the Abt Impact report
- Manage the activity tracking and calculating metrics across all Global Centers
- Assists with updating and maintaining content of internal and external Global Center pages
- Assists with writing content for newsletters and trainings
- Assist with preparation for meetings including scheduling and set up
- Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate level degree program
- Ideal candidates will have academic or work experience in international affairs, domestic public policy, knowledge management, social media, and/or communications
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Works well individually and as part of a team
- Knows when to ask questions
- Has excellent written communication skill
- Has completed at least two years of college coursework
- Maintains a GPA of at least 3.2
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Is available to work full-time throughout the 10 week internship
- Is eligible to work in the United States
- Transitioning military are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.