ABOUT THE POSITION
The National Association of Counties is seeking candidates for its Internship Program for our Legislative Affairs department. Under the direction of the Associate Legislative Directors, this position focuses on administrative duties associated with preparing for and conducting meetings and educational sessions held in conjunction with NACo conferences. In this role you will gain valuable exposure to lobbying strategies, perform supportive administrative duties such as providing answers, both oral and written, to membership inquiries on legislative matters.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Associate Legislative Directors with agenda preparation and other planning for national and regional conferences and workshops.
- Regular outreach to and communication with committees and county officials.
- Researching and identifying relevant legislative topics and issues.
- Support Associate Legislative Directors in performing general administrative aspects of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Achieved or actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an established college or university;
- Ability to thrive in a political environment;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Knowledge of local government policies and practices;
- Ability to coordinate partnerships to achieve better services for counties;
- Prior Capitol Hill internship experience in government affairs or other fields plus;
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.