ABOUT THE POSITION
Calvert Research and Management, a subsidiary of Eaton Vance, is a recognized leader in responsible investing. We believe Responsible Investing that includes Calvert’s Four Pillars — Performance, Research, Engagement and Impact — is the best way to achieve a positive societal impact and favorable investment results. As Responsible Investing gains ground, more investment managers are offering environment, social and governance (ESG)-focused investments. But not all Responsible Investment strategies are created equal. At Calvert, Responsible Investing is all that we do. The company traces its roots to Calvert Investments, which in 1982 launched the first mutual fund to avoid investment in companies doing business in apartheid-era South Africa. Today, the Calvert Funds are one of the largest and most diversified families of responsibly invested mutual funds, encompassing actively and passively managed U.S. and international equity, fixed and floating-rate income, and multi-asset strategies.
The ESG Research Intern will provide research, product, reporting and operational support for Calvert Research and Management. Our mission is to serve clients and outperform the market through our proprietary responsible investment management strategy, while making the world more environmentally sustainable and socially just.
- Perform environmental, social, and governance (ESG) analysis and research across companies, industries, sectors and issues
- Support CRM’s proprietary research process to analyze, score, rate, and rank issuers on their key material ESG factors to assess and differentiate ESG performance
- Collaborate with CRM product team in support of existing and future investment products
- Identify, understand and evaluate new ESG data and information sources
- Construct and implement analytical tools that help further the understanding of the relationship between ESG factors and financial performance data
- Assist in the creation and execution of impact metrics and reporting capabilities
- Contribute to original research in responsible investing, industry-specific analysis, or issue area expertise
- Complete ad-hoc projects to support the growing operations of CRM
- Graduate degree seeking student in Business, Finance, or sustainability-related fields
- Excellent academic record with proven research capabilities, either work-related or through course work
- Interest in investment research, responsible investing, sustainable corporate practices, or data science preferred
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and data analytical skills; Experience analyzing large data sets a plus
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to identify and implement innovative solutions
- Positive attitude, strong worth ethic, eager to learn and detail oriented
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel; Familiarity with financial tools and databases a plus (e.g. Bloomberg, Factset, MSCI)
- Impeccable integrity and trustworthiness
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.