Deadline to Apply: Friday, November 2, at 5pm
Components of the Program
– A seminar program focusing on current key global issues as they are faced in United Nations agencies.
– A visit to the United Nations in New York City.
– Intensive career strategy support of the Fellows as they explore UN-related careers.
– Discounted participation in the January 2019 Career Fair of the Society for International Development (SID)
– Free membership in the United Nations Association of the USA (UNA-USA)
– Membership in the UNA-NCA Young Professionals Program
Graduate students in good standing from any of the universities in the area of the United Nations Association of the National Capital Area (UNA-NCA)who will be in graduate programs during the Spring 2019 semester are welcome to apply to this exciting program; graduate students from other areas temporarily in Metropolitan Washington may also apply, if granted preliminary approval by the Director. Part-time students and student interns in the DC area who are employed in fields of concern to the Program are particularly encouraged to apply.
The application has five parts:
- The online application
- A one page statement of the applicant’s five year career plan and how the fellowship relates to their career goals
- A one page statement of interest
- A copy of the applicant’s unofficial graduate transcript
- A letter of recommendation
- An updated resume