The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant-making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Grants Assistant based in Washington, DC. This position reports to the Manager, Grants Administration.
Assist grants staff with reviewing, processing, and tracking grant agreements, amendments, payments, and other financial documentation, and preparing routine correspondence and reports.
The mission of the Grants Administration department is to provide effective and efficient grants management, guiding grantees through the grant lifecycle to support their successful implementation of projects, in support of NED’s mission. The department strives to promote consistent implementation of policy and procedure, flexibility, responsiveness, innovation, and collaboration in the administration of NED’s grantmaking program.
In accordance with Grants Management office policies and procedures, the Grants Assistant shall:
- Review and process final grant agreements, amendments, and routine correspondence, including receipt, database log-in, copying, distribution, tracking and filing. As required, ensure that appropriate grants staff members are kept abreast of progress of agreements/amendments/correspondence.
- Appropriately scan and save grantee narrative and financial reports, reviewing the financial reports for accuracy, timeliness, compliance with format requirements and consistency with prior reports and include observations in risk assessment worksheets for new grants.
- Promptly identify, log into database, and appropriately route grantee payment requests upon receipt of proper documentation.
- Update the grants database as required and produce assigned reports in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Assist with meeting and special event planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Strong oral, written communication, and analytical skills;
- Strong team player, preferably in a multicultural environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of MicroEdge Gifts or other relational database helpful;
- French language skills and interest in the Africa region are desirable but not required;
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements, completed NED Employment Application (found on our careers page) and contact information for three professional references. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Grants Assistant, Africa – Job #1447 in the subject line by July 13, 2014. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please no phone calls.
To apply please send an email to: email@example.com