ABOUT THE POSITION
HR Directions seeks a prospect for its client RTI International for the Innovation Consulting Internship with the Innovation Advisors team.
RTI’s Innovation Advisors peform analyses and research to provide intelligence for a variety of client needs, from informing new product or market development efforts to identifying new manufacturing capabilities or practices. The IA team also provides research and analysis to identify commercialization opportunities for technologies that are developed by government laboratories and corporations. The Innovation Consulting Intern will work alongside and receive mentorship by the Innovation Advisors and staff to conduct tasks related to market research and commercialization of new technologies that are often outside the scope of a prospect’s current study or experience. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting research using secondary resources (published company information, SEC filings, scholarly journals, trade literature, and news articles), as well as primary resources (phone interviews) when needed.
- Providing insightful analysis of opportunities identified during primary and secondary research in written and oral formats.
- Developing marketing descriptions of new technologies and conducting research in a wide range of technology areas and industries.
- Understanding business and legal issues related to commercialization of new technologies.
- Employing commercialization and innovation-related frameworks, such as the business model canvas and value proposition testing, to new technologies.
RTI’s Internship Program emphasizes experiential and mentored learning experiences, providing students and recent degree recipients an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge and skills in a meaningful and practical way. We are committed to developing the future workforce by encouraging interns to explore various career paths in a nonprofit research institute setting that values diversity and inclusion. Through this program, interns will be exposed to RTI’s open and educational culture; support RTI’s mission to improve the human condition; and build upon their career goals.
- Currently enrolled advanced undergraduate or graduate student.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, time management, and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and collaborative as part of a team.
- A broad technical background in engineering, science, or a related field with career interests in innovation, technology commercialization, and consulting.
- Experience in fields such as digital sciences and data analytics is a plus.
- Knowledge of or previous experience with product or process development, portfolio mapping/valuation, market research, technology evaluation and/or technology transfer is preferred.
- Motivated hardworking student with a passion for technology commercialization and consulting.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.