ABOUT THE POSITION
Based in Washington, DC, the intern will support the work of one of IRI’s program support programs (Accounting, Business Development, External Affairs, Human Resources, Information Technology, Procurement)
Interns will learn about time management and deal with multiple activities in a fast-paced work environment. Other professional learning opportunities include attending topic meetings, conferences, and seminars.
This position is scheduled to start in January of 2020 for no more than sixteen (16) weeks and may not be extended.
Possible Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists staff with program activities, events and training missions
- Supports systems and database system and database management
- Monitors domestic and international media outlets daily for news regarding IRI
- Writes as a contributor to IRI’s blog
- Create standard “How To” guides as needed
- Assists in researching a variety of topics for briefing papers, program proposals and reports
- Assists in preparing report and presentations
- Provides administrative support
- Provides back-up for the receptionist as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to changing situations and priorities
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.