Emergent Risk International is hiring interns! ERI is a Dallas based risk and intelligence advisory firm. Our
business is assisting companies in utilizing intelligence and analysis to better drive their business. We
focus on three primary activities:
• Assessment and Analysis: We provide bespoke geopolitical and threat intelligence products to
address issues of concern to our clients. These products range from those developed for regular
distribution to in-depth new market entry assessments.
• Training: We train intelligence analysts to provide intelligence analysis in a business environment
focusing on tradecraft and tools that drive more efficient and effective analysis. We offer a range
of in-house and open trainings to address specific levels of experience and need.
• Consulting: We help companies develop and improve their intelligence programs, providing end-
to-end support; from assessing needs and providing analysis to recruiting and hiring highly
Intelligence Analysis Interns will be responsible for helping ERI with a range of research, technology,
analytic and administrative tasks to better serve its clients. Interns will contribute to research projects,
products and services and will have a role in developing new products for the company.
• Assist analysts by providing structured country research on issues of importance to ERI clients
• Assist in building data visualizations and social media posts
• Assist in developing business leads
• Develop and maintain an awareness of relevant global issues impacting ERI’s primary client base
• Administrative tasks as necessary
Remuneration: This role will be unpaid and run from the beginning of June through August. Interns will
receive intelligence analysis training, start-up experience and exposure to other critical professional
skillsets. This internship can also be taken on for course credit with the permission of a candidates’
institution. Successful candidates will work out of our offices in downtown Dallas 15-20 hours per week.
Some exceptional candidates may be considered for remote work.
Experience: The right candidate will possess most or all of the following qualifications:
• Excellent writing skills
• MA candidates/graduates preferred
• Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
• International relations, political economy, economics, development, political science or other
related fields of study are preferred
• Working knowledge of information technology, social media and tech related trends is preferred
• Experience living or studying abroad
• Proficiency and understanding of social media and cybersecurity (basic understanding of risks)
• Strong academic record
• Self-motivated and able to manage time effectively
• Strong work ethic and commitment
Application Deadline is April 30. Please send your resume, cover letter, and a recent writing
sample to: Derekh@emergentriskinternational.com