ABOUT THE POSITION
The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
The UN Foundation’s Global Health team works with campaigns and departments across the Foundation, UN agencies, and other partners to support initiatives on critical health issues, including the Post-2015 health agenda, children’s health and vaccines, and malaria.
- Support events management, logistics and planning for upcoming the United Nations General Assembly, global health replenishment efforts, and other high-level events in partnership with United Nations agencies and offices
- Assist in development and execution of externally facing communications materials (e.g. blog posts, social media content, basic graphic design, etc.)
- Provide research and writing support in the development of tools and materials to engage private sector donors around global health initiatives
- Assist in additional research and writing as needed on relevant global health issues, prospective partners, and donors
- Learn about United Nations agencies and other partners that are involved in implementation and advocacy for global health programming
- As needed, support the development of relevant global health materials including briefing papers, memos, executive summaries, and presentations
- Candidate must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months of graduation) of a college or university with a demonstrated interest in the UN and international development.
- Candidates who are enrolled or have recently completed Master’s-level programs in Public Health, Public Policy, International Affairs and have an academic focus in health policy, health communications, health diplomacy and related topics are preferred.
- Availability for a full-time internship is expected.
- Candidate should have previous experience in events planning and management, the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a variety of partners, and the ability to monitor and track event logistics in an organized and efficient manner.
- Candidate should have previous experience in supporting and contributing to health-related communications efforts.
- Candidate must have demonstrated record of commitment to work and completion of tasks by deadlines, with significant attention to detail.
- Candidate should have demonstrated ability to conduct research through online and printed materials.
- Candidate should have the ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience and success in working effectively and constructively in teams.
- Candidate must have strong analytical, writing, and editing skills in English for diverse audiences.
- Candidate should have advanced knowledge of and experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Graphic design or desktop publishing knowledge is a plus (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, MS Publisher).
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.