ABOUT THE POSITION
McLarty Associates is seeking a bright, resourceful individual for a paid, internship/graduate fellowship to support our Southeast Asia practice. We are seeking an individual who can preferably work full-time (approx. 30-40 hours/week) from the beginning of January 2021 through mid-May 2021.
This position may be eligible for remote work depending on circumstances.
Internship/graduate fellowship responsibilities generally include:
- Conducting extensive research of public policy, international, and business issues;
- Writing memos, compiling biographies, preparing presentations;
- Monitoring regional news outlets;
- attending and reporting on speeches, panel discussions, and policy forums of interest to the firm and clients;
- Assisting professional staff with general office and administrative support; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accomplished researchers;
- Excellent writers;
- Exceptionally organized with an independent and creative nature;
- Strong critical thinkers;
- Inclined to take initiative and anticipate the needs of the team;
- Attentive to detail;
- Able to operate in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Able to remain poised under pressure and juggle multiple projects at a time;
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Office 365, and other business applications and media platforms.
Ideal candidates for this position possess an understanding of Southeast Asia trends, politics, and economics and an interest in business and government relations. Applicants should also have a robust background, demonstrated interest, and/or experience living or studying in Southeast Asia. Fluency in a regional language, particularly Vietnamese, Bahasa Malay, or Thai, is preferred but not required. A strong background on trade issues on a regional and/or global level is viewed as a plus. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must submit an application that includes:
- Cover Letter highlighting relevant experience and skills;
- Resume; and
- Short Writing Sample (no more than 3 pages) demonstrating strong research and concise writing on issues related to Southeast Asia, international politics, or political economy.
Please compile all application materials into one PDF document.
For more information and to apply, click here.