As an International Housing Programs Intern, you will support and work directly with Habitat’s International Housing Programs Director and other staff in Habitat’s Global Programs Design and Implementation Team. You will learn from participation on a wide array of projects related to Habitat’s international housing programs work, including the upgrading of slums settlements and facilitating the establishment of people, public, private partnerships to support affordable housing. You will focus on supporting continued research of urban and housing trends, assisting with monitoring and implementation of grants, and support knowledge management and the development of tools and resources for Habitat’s regional and country offices.
– Research urban and housing trends and best practice to support the enhancement of international housing programs and facilitate the establishment people, public, private partnerships.
- Assist National Offices in the creation and adoption of comprehensive urban housing strategies and programming that aligns with the organization’s overall development strategy.
- Support the urban leadership team, a small group of urban practitioners from across the Habitat federation, in meetings and coordination.
- Lead maintenance of the Urban Community of Practice and associate webinar series;
- Support with sector representation; and
- Manage the Teams site – documenting case studies, sharing relevant documents, updating relevant urban documents etc.
– Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Understanding of international development and related policies
- Ability to conduct research
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills
– Strong interpersonal skills