Location: Any location possible; Washington DC preferred
Hours: Flexible, minimum three days / week
Compensation: $500 stipend per semester
WHAT YOU DO FOR APSIA:
- Create website, social media, video, print, and other content to promote APSIA and its events to relevant audiences around the world
- Work with the Admissions Manager to publicize APSIA events to target audiences in different locations around the world across all channels
- Create student and alumni profiles for APSIA’s website and marketing materials to tell the story of what can be done with an APSIA degree
- Work with Executive Director and Admissions Manager to evaluate marketing analytics and Return on Investment
- Work with the Admissions Manager to grow APSIA’s network of student advisors and influencers in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America
Additional projects may include:
- Work with the Executive Director to promote APSIA, its programs, and its members to the international affairs industry in Asia and Europe (think tanks, academic institutions, governments, etc.)
- Work with the Executive Director and regional committees of members to identify prospective members and affiliates in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America
- Identify and support APSIA and/or its members’ participation in relevant events in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America
WHAT YOU BRING TO APSIA:
- Status as current graduate or undergraduate student or recent graduate.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills a plus.
- Excellent command of MS-Office Suite.
- Experience with Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and social media scheduling tools (ex: Hootsuite).
- Basic HTML helpful.
- Experience creating social media graphics preferred.
- Previous office experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with minimal supervision required.
WHAT YOU GET FROM AN APSIA INTERNSHIP:
- Practical experience in multicultural, multinational marketing
- A portfolio of projects tailored to a variety of international audiences
- Strong connections to top schools of international affairs
- Experience in outreach, analysis, and project management
- Insights into educational and career trends that will help you shape your career.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, writing sample (2 pages maximum), and two points of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your desired beginning and end dates and available number of hours per week in your cover letter.
- Spring – Apply by November 17
- Summer – Apply by April 19 (extended)
- Fall – Apply by July 11
More information here!