ABOUT THE POSITION
Interns in International Relations have the exciting opportunity to learn about how a Fortune 5 U.S. company works with teams abroad – particularly in Latin America, with a focus on Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru to follow regulatory changes and position ourselves with policy-makers, industry associations, and consumers on key health care issues.
**This full-time internship position will be available starting in June 2021**
- Work across functions and roles within International Relations to help accomplish key goals of the company
- Attend Washington, DC briefings and meetings with key stakeholders to gain knowledge and summarize topics for leaders of the company and International Relations colleagues
- Research, analyze, and share the impact of policies/initiatives in selected markets abroad on local consumers and the company
- Use strong attention to detail and time management skills to organize and plan events and meetings
- Review, format, edit, and/or write key documents and deliverables for internal and external use
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college / university
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college / university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in International Relations, Latin America Studies, Public Policy, International Law or related field
- Able and willing to navigate the Washington, DC area on a daily basis
- Experience in organizing or planning events and meetings
- Experience writing, researching, and editing
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working, volunteering, or interning in a health care, policy, research, or public relations setting
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.