ABOUT THE POSITION
Hours: Part-time (anticipated 15 hours /week, with a possibility of 29 hours/week) up to three days a week with a consistent schedule.
Potential Start and End Date: October 2020 – April 2021, with possibility for extension.
Compensation: $15 per hour
Location: Washington, D.C.–Intern must be authorized to work in the United States
Scope of Work
- Conduct searches on tobacco documents and secondary sources in areas of interest.
- Maintain electronic records of research articles and help to distribute new research.
- Assist in responding to rapid research requests for facts and research documents from in-country partners and staff.
- Translate findings from reports and other documents into alerts, fact sheets, presentations, letters or case studies for dissemination.
- Regular organization and maintenance of department files.
- Assist with writing letters to policymakers, including elected officials and senior administrators.
- Assist with organization and assessment of economic data related to tobacco taxes.
- Assist with general office duties such as scanning and emailing documents as well as creating spreadsheets, proofreading materials and creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Participate in team meetings.
The International Research Intern will join a fast-paced team charged with both programmatic and administrative projects. The position works directly with the International Research Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree or working toward graduate degree.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, creative, responsible, can work independently or as a member of a team, strong writing skills, and an ability to handle multiple tasks with aggressive deadlines.
- Preferred qualifications include: interest in public health or tobacco issues. Knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample (2-4 pages). Please include your availability and potential start date in your cover letter. Email all application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship – International Research” as the subject. No phone calls, please.