ABOUT THE POSITION
The Office of Congressman Doug Collins (GA-09) is looking for candidates for an internship in his Washington, D.C. office. We are looking for highly qualified candidates that are motivated, detail-oriented, personable, and have a passion for public service. The ideal candidates will have excellent research and writing abilities, be able to multi-task and interact well with constituents visiting the office and on the phone.
Interns will have the opportunity to experience working on Capitol Hill, learn about the legislative process, and attend briefings of interest. Responsibilities include answering the phone, researching and preparing policy memos, giving tours of the Capitol, assisting with constituent correspondence, supporting the communications staff among many other projects.
- Working closely with the representative and Chief of Staff
- Observation of internal campaign operations and preparation for campaign and political jobs
- Opportunity to bolster organizational and communication skills
- Attend special events, political meetings, and congressional hearings
- •Current student or recent graduate interested in politics and gaining legislative experience
- Exhibits passion for politics, government, and/or any related policy areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask independently, learn quickly, and demonstrate sound judgment
- Exhibits great attention to detail, punctuality, respect, and initiative
- Ability to work and contribute in a highly collaborative, team environment
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Raymond Sweney, at email@example.com