Under the supervision of the Social Policy Specialist, the intern will support the production of advocacy material and Knowledge management products within UNICEF JCO priority areas and social inclusion outcome.
Work assignment Specific activities to be conducted):
The intern is expected to assist with the following:
- Contribute in preparing internal and external reports through data collection, analysis, and writing.
- Contribute in producing fact sheet and information briefs on the situation of children in Jordan.
- Contribute in preparing briefs on the situation of public finance for Children in Jordan.
- Develop/update specific advocacy messages on key UNICEF Jordan priority issues.
- Provide support to other UNICEF sections in the implementation of their advocacy plans through research and technical advice.
- Coordinate with the communications section to disseminate research findings and KM products
Candidate qualification (if any):
- Master’s degree preferably in Public Policy or Economics.
- Strong background in Public Economics and Public Finance is highly desired
- Experience working in a relevant policy sector.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience in data collection and analysis software (STATA/SPSS/ NVivo) is considered an asset.
Duration of the internship:
October 2018 – January 2019 (three months with possible extension)
For every Child, you demonstrate:
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Candidates will not be considered if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
- UNICEF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
For more information or to apply, visit http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/516394/request-for-internship-social-policy-section
Apply by October 2!