This internship provides a glimpse into the world of diplomacy, international affairs and public relations. The press intern will assist the press office in all activities of communication of the Consulate General of France in Atlanta.
Profile : Degree-seeking student in political science, law, journalism, communication or similar field.
Location : Atlanta, GA
Dates : May – July, August – November (flexible)
Duration : 2 – 6 months (flexible)
Objectives : To assist the Press Attaché and Consul General in their activities of communication, following the political situation of the U.S. Southeast and promoting the French-American series of events “France-Atlanta”.
Work responsibilities :
- Following the news in the U.S. Southeast (GA, TN, NC, SC, MS, AL)
- Participation in the organization and marketing of France-Atlanta 2016
- Writing briefs on the political environment of the U.S Southeast
- Participation in the preparation of official visits to the U.S. Southeast as well as missions of the Consul General
- Writing/translating articles in French and English for the monthly newsletter of the Consulate
- Writing press releases
- Updating regularly the websites of the Consulate and France-Atlanta (Spip)
- Updating daily the Facebook page and Twitter account of the consulate
- Helping to process the applications of WWII veterans for the French Legion of Honor
- Other miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Strong analysis and writing capacity
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong level of written and spoken French highly preferred
- Excellent computer skills (Pack Office, Photoshop, Spip, etc.)
- Positive attitude
- Able to work in a team and alone
Internship Supervisor : Heather Kircher Clavé, Press Attaché
Other Notes :
- This is an unpaid internship.
- Health insurance coverage is required
- A driver’s license is preferable, though not required, as the French Consulate is located on the MARTA line
For more information, check out the French Consulate in Atlanta’s website at http://www.consulfrance-atlanta.org (or for the English translation, go to http://www.consulfrance-atlanta.org/spip.php?rubrique7)
If interested, contact Heather Kircher Clavé at firstname.lastname@example.org (404-495-1682).