Complement your studies in International & Global Affairs with a genuinely international internship.
The European Parliament invites college graduates (US citizens only) to apply for a full-time internship in its Washington, DC office from mid-September to mid-December 2014, with the possibility of a two month extension in Brussels and Strasbourg. Candidates are not required to be currently enrolled in school to be considered for the internship.
What better place to monitor transnational politics in action, to see global players in international affairs addressing global challenges across a range of policy areas, to witness the interplay between decision-makers in the US – be they from the legislative or executive branch – and lawmakers from the European Union?
Opportunities for EPLO interns
- Working with staffers on a chosen policy area, such as energy, environment, counter-terrorism, financial services, trade, human rights or development co-operation;
- Focusing on an area of process, such as comparison of procedures between the House of Representatives and the European Parliament;
- Concentrating on media as well as internal and external communications;
- Developing individual project of your and our interest by utilizing the resources of the EP and the expertise of your fellow EPLO staff members;
- Analyzing legislation and the policies that are vital for the transatlantic EU-US relationship;
- Preparing working papers and memos for the EP Headquarters;
- Preparing and assisting the Office in managing visits of European Parliament Members;
- Participating in our meetings with major interlocutors on the Hill, in executive agencies, and in think-tanks.
For more information, visit http://www.europarl.europa.eu/us/en/home/internships.html