ABOUT THE POSITION
The National Defense Industrial Association drives strategic dialogue in national security by identifying key issues and leveraging the knowledge and experience of its military, government, industry, and academic members to address them. NDIA, comprised of its Affiliates, Chapters, and Divisions, with 1,650 corporate and 85,000 individual members, is a non-partisan, non-profit, educational association designated as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization – not a lobby firm – and was founded to educate its constituencies on all aspects of national security.
Junior Fellows Program Highlights:
- Build subject matter expertise in national defense acquisition strategy and policy;
- Contribute research, writing, and project management to regulatory filings, congressional engagement, policy white papers, and member engagement;
- Develop a professional portfolio of written publications and research products;
- Gain exposure to industry leaders in defense, public policy, contracting, nonprofit organizations, and government; and
- Work an average of 20 hours per week during the academic year at NDIA headquarters.
Junior Fellows will receive a transportation stipend of $160 per month. Efforts to obtain academic credit will be supported, in coordination with academic faculty. Reimbursement of all incidentals provided.
Participants must be a graduate-level student in international affairs, public policy, public affairs, economics, law, or an equivalent program, be in good academic standing, and express interest in defense policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume, a letter of interest, and a writing sample of up to 5 pages to Regulatory@NDIA.org