ABOUT THE POSITION
Eurasia Group is the world’s leading political risk advisory and consulting firm. Our mission is to assist investors, companies, and public-sector institutions capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics and policy on markets around the world.
We are seeking an intern to play an active role in the firm’s expansion in Latin America. The intern will work with Eurasia Group’s Latin America team to support the daily engagement of existing financial and corporate clients as well as identifying and engaging with prospective new clients. The intern will also help develop and implement plans to strengthen the Eurasia Group brand in the region.
The internship will provide opportunities to learn about the business of political risk and develop competencies applicable to it, as well as deliver actionable insight to the largest multinationals and financial institutions in Latin America.
• Support day-to-day client engagement including updating records on Salesforce, drafting proposals/communications, assisting in client project management, among other tasks.
• Provide targeted research for clients and prospective new clients in Mexico, Colombia and other Spanish speaking countries.
• Monitor key developments in Latin American politics and policies relevant to existing clients and prospective clients and assess their business implications.
• Assist in outreach to media and institutional stakeholders in the region, among other projects.
Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and/or eligible for academic credit for this internship as the position is unpaid.
• At least 2 years of college or university with an educational background in international affairs, political science, economics and/or business;
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish; copy editing, and proofreading abilities are required for the internship;
• Knowledge of and interest in the Latin American political landscape;
• Ability to work on a variety of projects and prioritize time-sensitive client request in a very fast-paced environment;
• Curiosity and an eagerness to contribute to a small team with an entrepreneurial mindset;
• Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail; a team player with excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite applications;
• Intern/work experience in the private sector in a client-facing role is a plus;
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for this internship and what you can uniquely contribute to the team. To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more information.