The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF (USF)—also known as UNICEF USA– supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Intern, Southeast Region (Atlanta)
The Southeast Regional Office of UNICEF USA supports UNCEF’s mission primarily through major gifts and special events work. Interns support the office’s major gifts, special events, and administrative efforts. Qualified candidates should have a demonstrated interest and/or experience in the mission of UNICEF USA/UNICEF, an interest in working in a non-profit focused on fundraising, and adhere to the professional expectations of UNICEF USA. Interns must be currently enrolled in a college or university. Internships are unpaid, but receive a small commute stipend.
– Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
– Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
– Critical thinking skills for strategy development and compiling research
– Support major gifts fundraising work including: prospect research, donor communications, donor database maintenance, gift processing
– Assist with logistics for fundraising and educational events including the UNICEF Atlanta gala, Speaker Series events, Experience UNICEF family fun day, and smaller in-home events
– Plan and execute marketing campaigns, including creating strategies and content for our regional webpage and social media
– Support youth outreach programs
– Provide office administration support
Hours: 12-20 hours per week, weekdays during business hours 8:30am-5:00pm.
** To apply, please submit resume and interest letter to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until positions are filled. Those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to candidates willing to commit to multiple terms, particularly fall through spring.