ABOUT THE POSITION
The Intern will support MEL functions for the Malala Fund Programmes team. This MEL will relate primarily to the Education Champion Network program, but may also encompass emerging areas of work. The Intern will demonstrate a strong commitment to Malala Fund’s mission. They will be paid a weekly stipend.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Review and code biannual grantee reports and other sources of data for outputs and outcomes in alignment with the program’s MEL frameworks.
- Work with MEL Officer to analyze output and outcome data for internal reporting.
- Help design a streamlined and decentralized process for biannual grantee report review.
- Support major program learning and strategy processes by preparing data and materials, supporting webinar technology and process documentation and reporting.
- Conduct verification of grantee quantitative data collection and reporting.
- Support identification of a new MEL software platform to meet Malala Fund’s ongoing MEL requirements.
- Support ongoing advocacy MEL data collection and possibly an After Action Review.
- Research issues related to Malala Fund programming.
- Provide other support as required to Malala Fund learning and Programmes team objectives.
- Pursuing a masters’ degree in international development or related discipline, preferably with coursework in MEL, qualitative research, gender and/or education.
- Experience working collaboratively, coordinating group projects and organizing work.
- Strong communication and organization skills; ability to work well with others and through virtual platforms.
- Proven ability to handle and follow through on numerous details and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Commitment to and understanding of the work of Malala Fund to facilitate girls’ access to 12 years of free, safe, quality education.
- Computer literacy skills; Fluency in MS Office Suite.
- Administrative/Organization skills.
- Capable writer.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here. Apply by May 15, 2020.