ABOUT THE POSITION
The Institute for War & Peace Reporting (IWPR) is an independent not-for profit organisation that works with media and civil society to promote positive change in conflict zones, closed societies, and countries in transition around the world. As part of its current programs in response to the crisis in Syria that started in 2011, IWPR is seeking an intern to provide support to the Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting Department.
- Assist staff members in setting up systems for program M&E;
- Assist in designing and developing forms and questionnaires for data collection and analysis;
- Assist with data collection and analysis;
- Assist with research and writing or editing;
- Assist with data management and cleaning and quality control (Review and ensure the quality and accuracy of the data collected and stored);
- Assist in the finalization of quarterly, annual and final reports;
- Support the team through various administrative duties.
- University degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or related field or currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program.
- Proven data collection, processing, analysis and interpretation skills.
- Good understanding of and/or genuine interest in Syria and related issues.
- Strong computer skills, including in Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent oral and written English and Arabic proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, while being an outstanding team player.
- Experience in interacting with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Sensitivity to and respect for differences in culture, gender, religion, race, nationality and age.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.