ABOUT THE POSITION
Since 1776, Phi Beta Kappa has championed education in the arts and sciences, fostered freedom of thought, and recognized academic excellence.
This intern will work with our National Arts & Sciences Initiative team to conduct research, develop materials, and join the national conversation on supporting the liberal arts and sciences. The assistant will have an opportunity to participate in the day-to-day responsibilities of a major advocacy campaign. Duties will include:
- Researching higher education news, legislative developments, and legislators for meeting and alerts;
- Assisting in the development of Initiative communications and social media posts;
- Supporting the design and execution of advocacy event planning which can include: researching potential speakers and award recipients, compiling invitation lists, helping design event materials, and providing onsite assistance;
- Drafting general correspondence and proofreading documents as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for college students or recent graduates with a passion for the liberal arts and sciences and strong writing abilities. Preference will be given to Phi Beta Kappa members. Applicants are welcome to apply for both positions. The positions cannot be done remotely.
HOW TO APPLY: To learn more about the position and apply, click here. Apply by July 21, 2019.