ABOUT THE POSITION
GreenLight’s National Portfolio team, a mighty team of two, supports our nine site teams across the country in discovering new organizations and conducting diligence, and managing data and learnings from our portfolio and the broader sector. We have recently launched a new program management system, Apricot, which houses much of our historic diligence and data.
The National Portfolio team seeks a 2020 Summer Fellow to support and drive projects in research, analysis and design. We envision the Fellow completing the following projects (and more) over this Summer.
- Diligence Hub: tagging and analyzing budget sizes and replication models within our existing diligence hub, and identifying trends/learnings
- Tech & Social Impact: researching and identifying best in class diligence tools for assessing tech nonprofits and social impact orgs, and drafting/designing an in-house tool
- Data Analysis: conducting analysis of existing and expected data from our portfolio in areas such as outputs/outcomes, selection cycle length/diversity, and revenue
- Sector Learnings: supporting the National Portfolio Team in crafting a learning agenda for the remainder of 2020 based on changes in the sector e.g. continuing impact of COVID-19, mergers/failures of nonprofits, appetite/ability for nonprofits to expand etc.
- Additional Project(s): we also will work with the Fellow to design additional projects based on personal/professional development and alignment with GreenLight
- Demonstrated passion for our mission and communities is required via a combination of lived experience, education, and/or work experience
- Research experience is required and a plus if conducted in the nonprofit/social impact sector
- Data analysis experience is required and a plus if you have experience analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of financial/performance data, building dashboards/visualizing data
- Current undergraduate or graduate student preferred but flexible
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, click here.
To apply, send an email to Kenichi Nozaki at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following by Friday, May 22.
- Email Subject: 2020 NatPo Summer Fellow
- Resume Attached
- Cover Letter Attached: please focus on your personal story and how it fits with GreenLight’s mission, what you’re excited to take on from this job description, and what would be new / what you look forward to learning
Qualified candidates will be interviewed via Zoom audio/video between May 26 – June 1 with the aim of starting the fellowship by the week of June 8 or June 15.