UniversalGiving® is an award-winning nonprofit allowing people to donate and volunteer with top-performing, vetted organizations all over the world. 100% goes directly to the cause. All partner organizations are vetted with our proprietary Quality Model™. To date, we have matched more than $31 million dollars’ worth of volunteer hours. UniversalGiving® Corporate helps manage global Corporate Social Responsibility for companies, including the strategy, operations, NGO Vetting and Disbursements. Our goal is to help companies scale their Philanthropy and Volunteer programs, both locally and all over the world. We customize our services for clients, emphasizing high levels of innovation and client service. Key clients include Cisco, Gap, BHP, and RSF Social Finance. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of Bloomberg, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. Our CEO is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and you can view the footage on CBS.
The NGO Outreach Assistant will focus primarily on serving UniversalGiving’s NGO partnerships.This is an exciting opportunity to outreach to NGOs and help them register on UniversalGiving’s website. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to customer service and dedication to cultivating and maintaining relationships with NGOs. You must have a strong attention to detail and high skills in administration: You must log NGO records in Salesforce and Google Drive.
- Research local NGOs in crisis countries and add them to trackers
- Outreach to and register global NGO partners
- Update Salesforce with key NGO partnerships
- Monitor and maintain a general NGO email client service account
- Bachelor’s degree – preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Competence with Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new technology
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our relationship database
- Gain experience at an unique social enterprise that has a global impact
- Gain exposure to the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of global issues
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in our WeWork coworking space
- With proven experience and positive attitude, UniversalGiving is likely to facilitate J-1, CPT, OPT visas
- Minimum one year commitment
- Position is available for full-time (32 – 40 hours) and part-time employment (10 – 30)
Email your resume, cover letter, two writing samples (two pages max), and three professional references with contact information (phone and email) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “NGO Intern” in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.