The Nunn School is seeking an undergraduate student to assist with advising, career, and student services activities. The ideal candidate is tech/media savvy, a self-starter with a strong work ethic, pays attention to details, has a customer service and problem-solving orientation, and excellent interpersonal skills. This person should demonstrate a commitment to the position through excellent attendance, timely completion of tasks, and a willingness to be flexible.
Start: January 2021
Hours: 10-20 hours per week/flexible scheduling
Location: Remote through May 2021. Campus office is located in Habersham, Academic Services Suite
- Development and maintenance of communications materials, including proofreading and editing
- Management of websites and social media (ex., Canvas, Advising Blog, Weekly Digest, Instagram, etc.)
- Graphics/design of flyers, infographics, and marketing/recruitment visual media
- Maintain recruitment, advising, internship, career, graduate study, and study abroad data and information
- Logistics for guest speakers/luncheons, information sessions, site/career visits, etc.
- File management, web research, data entry, analysis, and report generation
- Filing, photocopying, mailing, faxing, and phone, plus other duties as assigned
- Strong planning and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and follow instruction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and high attention to detail
- Business meeting or social event/travel and logistics planning experience
- Excellent word processing, database management, and website editing skills.
- Proficiency in Office 365, with an aptitude for learning new technology. Must have experience with social media software (ex., WordPress, YouTube, Instagram), webinar platforms (ex., BlueJeans, Webex, Microsoft Teams), and knowledge of Adobe products, graphic design, and photo/video editing software (ex., Canva, Moovly, Camtasia).
- Enthusiasm for working with the Nunn School and Ivan Allen College and comfortable working in a team environment
Interested candidates should email a portfolio highlighting their experience, skills, software proficiency, and work history to firstname.lastname@example.org. The portfolio should include a resume and cover letter, examples of flyers/posters/media you have designed/created. Please also indicate your specific availability in your cover letter (days/hours you could work up to 20 hours per week).
Please submit your materials to email@example.com by Monday, November 30. Indicate “INTA Assistant Position” in the subject line of the email. Interviews will be scheduled December 9-11, 2020.